Thursday, February 10, 2011

Luna Burgers: Peanut Cilantro Variety

If you saw my post on my first experience with Luna Burgers, you might think it's strange that I decided to go ahead and try them again.  I wasn't exactly impressed with the flavors in their Classic burger...in fact, I couldn't even finish it.  BUT, they did have so many other flavors that looked interesting and sounded so yummy, I couldn't resist.  I can honestly say, I'm glad I gave them a second chance.

Ingredients:  black beans, spelt, oats, onion, carrots, peanut butter, kale, apples, maple syrup, jalapeño peppers, garlic, apple cider vinegar, paprika peppers, salt, black pepper, cilantro

This time around, I ordered the Peanut Cilantro Burger.  When I opened the package, I knew this one wasn't going to be like the other one.  First of all, no strange purple color.  Second...it just smelled lovely as it cooked.  I love Asian food, Thai food in particular, so the peanut/cilantro combo was right up my alley.  After I let it heat up in the skillet with a tiny bit of olive oil, I plated it up with some sliced bok choy and green onions, sprayed a few pumps of Bragg's for some moisture and a bit of flavor, and dug in!

Peanut Cilantro Luna Burger with Bok Choy and Green Onions


Yummy!  It was a tad on the spicy side, which I loved.  The oats and peanuts gave it an interesting and hearty texture.  It was a bit on the dry side, just as the Classic had been, but it didn't deter me from finishing my meal this time.  I think I'll do some research to find a light sauce to make and drizzle on my burger for next time, though.  Bonus?  It filled me up - no problem!

Summary:  Go ahead and try Luna Burgers!  Just read the ingredients and make sure the flavors are compatible with you.  Hmm....Farmhouse Chili or BBQ next??????

No comments:

Post a Comment