Thursday, February 10, 2011

Liz Lovely Cookies

Ooooh, cookies!  I have to admit, I love sweets...just one of many achilles' heels (most include food, some include men).  I have tried many vegan goodies, packaged and fresh baked.  Most of the time, the fresh baked, gourmet treats are satisfactory, if not better.  However, as far as packaged goods go, I have been disappointed more often than not.  I usually find them dry and/or bland, sometimes even outright gross.  Liz Lovely to the rescue.

If you are not familiar with Jasmere, it is a website similar to Groupon.  Members receive e-mails about their daily deals and have a chance to buy products at a discounted price (50% or higher).  Unlike Groupon, the deals are not restricted to local products and services.  Another great thing about Jasmere is that the price of a Jasmere deal goes down as the number of buyers increases.  Many of the products are environmentally friendly or unique in some way, so lots of them have been vegan-friendly.  : )

I'd heard of Liz Lovely before the Jasmere deal came through, but I'd never really thought about ordering them.  However, the Jasmere deal was too good to pass up.  I got a box of 24 vegan cookies for $13, plus shipping.  Now, I can't feel any kind of good about eating 24 cookies on my own...and I have very little self-control when it comes to sweets (achilles' heel, remember?).  So, I knew I'd have to give some of these babies away to friends.  What's better than sharing the vegan love?????

I have a co-worker and close friend who is vegan, so she was the first to receive a Liz Lovely gift (plus, I owed her for picking up a package of Sweet & Sara's toasted coconut marshmallows for me a while back).  I gave her a pack (2 cookies each) of each of the three flavors I had received:  Cowgirl (chocolate chip), Snicker Dudes (cinnamon/sugar), and Ginger Snapdragons (molasses/ginger).  She posted on my FB wall, raving about them before I was even home from work.  Here's what Falzie had to say:
The cookies are amazing!!!  Thank you! I had the snickerdoodle and it was delicious. :-} They are a bit too sweet, but still great.  Thanks again!
Snickerdoodle is the shiiiiiitttttt! I just had a gingersnap one a bit ago and it was sooooo good!
Falzie shared some of her package of lovely with another co-worker of ours (not vegan), and here's what Straub posted on my FB about them:
That chocolate chip cookie was like like eating straight cookie dough! So good but so bad at the same time.
 Then, of course, another co-worker got wind of  my cookie generosity, and wanted to try some.  NO PROBLEM!  I have 24 of these puppies, and I'm more than happy to share the lovely (especially with vegan skeptics).  I told him I'd give him some as long as he promised to let me know what he thought of them.  I gave him a package of the snickerdoodles, and he raved!
So..those cookies are AWESOME! Honestly, the best snickerdoodle I have ever had!  Where did you get them--cuz I must have more!
Ok, I was at a middle school basketball game when I read these comments on my FB wall, and I was practically salivating thinking about these damn cookies the whole way home.  After eating a scrumptious dinner of Peanut Cilantro Luna Burger with Bok Choy and Green Onions (yum, btw), I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into some cookie goodness.  **BTW:  These cookies are HUGE!  Like a good girl, I broke two of the cookies in half.  No 2-4 cookies for me.  SELF-CONTROL  :-)

Seriously, I really only ate half each.  I just thought the picture would be better with whole cookies.  :-)


Can I say...OH...MY...GAAAAAWWWWW!  I tried the Snicker Dude first.  The last vegan snickerdoodle I tried was disappointing, to say the least (in fact, both the cookies I tried from Alternative Baking Company were less than stellar).  But this...this was soft, and chewy, and moist, and cinnamon-y.  It was better than I remember any conventional snickerdoodle.  A must-try...seriously.

As for the Cowgirl (chocolate chip) flavor....well, it was just about orgasmic...VEGASMIC!  Just as my co-worker had said, the website describes this variety as "like cookie dough", and they are spot on with that description.  I don't know how they do it, but it's brilliant!  Just like the Snicker Dude, it was soft and chewy; one of the top requirements for a good cookie, in my opinion.  There were just enough chocolate chunks to satisfy any chocolate craving.  Half-way through the cookie, though, I realized exactly what I wanted.  I wanted it warm and melty.  I put that puppy in the microwave for 15 seconds.  I will tell you, it is one of the best things I have put in my mouth in quite a while.  Okay...I may be a bit of an exaggerator (I get it from my dad), but it was so, so, SO GOOD!

As much as I wanted more, I resisted.  But guess what I'll be having as a post-work snack tomorrow!?

Summary:  Buy these cookies.  Eat these cookies.  You will not be disappointed! Liz truly is lovely!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work. microcap millionaires review

    ReplyDelete