Wednesday, January 19, 2011

ZenSoy Chocolate Soypudding

Ok, getting your wisdom teeth extracted SUCKS big time.  There is, of course, a certain amount of pain  that comes with the surgery...but you know, they give you drugs for that.  I am the kind of person who does not take meds for anything...no cough medicine, no pain relievers for headaches, nothing.  But you can't really get by with oral surgery without gobs of perscriptions being shoved at you.  I have steroids for swelling, antibiotics for infection, and some killer pain meds.  They're making me alllll wacky, exhausted, and nauseated.

The other "pain" associated with this ordeal has been limited food choices.  I'm supposed to eat soft to fairly-soft foods.  You know, soup, mashed banana, mashed potatoes, etc.  I've probably taken a little too much liberty with some of these foods (maybe peanut butter is a little too sticky, and bread is a little too chewy).  However, I did decide that I could take this opportunity to indulge in a couple things I normally don't allow myself.  I bought a carton of So Delicious's Peanut Butter Zig Zag dairy-free ice cream (yummmmmmm).  AND, I broke down and tried ZenSoy's chocolate pudding, which I've been looking for an excuse to try for some time now. 






Oh boy, did it smell good!  I loooooved pudding as an omni, and I've missed that silky, chocolatey mouthful of goodness. 





Well, it certainly looked and smelled like chocolate pudding.  However, when I stirred it it was a little more clumpy, difficult to stir, than I remember traditional pudding being.  It was very dark and shiny, and I wondered if it was going to be that creamy milk chocolate pudding that I'd missed. 


Well, it was actually pretty good.  The texture was decent, but a little on the watery side for me.  I was just hoping for a fluffy mouthful, and that's not exactly what I got.  The flavor was a little darker than I was expecting, so that was a tiny bit of a let-down.  Just served as a reminder - keep your expectations low, and don't expect non-vegan!

Summary:  All-in-all, this pudding was actually not bad.  It's not something I'm going to be addicted to, and I probably won't need to buy it again, but if you really like pudding...give it a shot!  Just don't expect Jell-O pudding packs, a la Bill Cosby!

No comments:

Post a Comment