Saturday, January 8, 2011

Five Star Foodies Artichoke Burgers

If I were picking my favorite things - you know, a la Oprah - I would have to put Green B.E.A.N. Delivery on my list.  In addition to making deliveries of fresh, local, and organic produce right to my door, Green B.E.A.N. offers a variety of other local grocery products.  New on the offerings lits:  Five Star Foodies Artichoke Burgers


I was attracted to these burgers because they are 1) vegan (always #1 for me), 2) all-natural and 3) gluten- and soy-free!  They looked pretty delicious, and I love trying new vegan burgers. : )

I took this to my girls' night to have with my Confetti Quinoa (read all about this super-fun recipe here).  I thoroughly enjoyed every bite!

I figured I'd give the naked burger a try first...just to test out the flavors and texture.  I put it on a toasted Ezekiel 4:9 bun and grabbed my first bite.


Not terrible, but it was definitely lacking some green and some juicy-ness.  It was a bit dry, so I piled on plenty of tomato and some boston lettuce.  Simple, but yummy!


I had some stoneground mustard from Local Folks Foods, but I decided I liked it without.  The only thing I would've added...some red onion!

So, I tried another one today, sans bun.  I used two pieces of boston lettuce in place of the bun, and topped it with tomatoes and broccoli sprouts.  The burger was less dry today.  I'm not sure whether the extra moisture was due to the bun-free prep, or because I cooked it a little less this time.  However, I loved it even more than the first time!  I had onion, but I forgot to add it.  It's okay...I didn't miss it as much this time.  Definitely plenty of flavor, so I didn't need to add any extra flavors (vegenaise, mustard, etc.).  The sprouts and tomatoes were perfect!


Summary:  I really enjoyed this burger.  I definitely recommend trying these, especially if gluten-free and soy-free are your fancy.  I WILL be buying more of these Artichoke burgers from Five Star Foodies.  They've got some other delicious-looking products I'd like to try as well.  Vegetarian Harvest Roast or Sloppy Joes anyone!?

No comments:

Post a Comment