Saturday, May 28, 2011

Van's Waffles

I love breakfast food.  I love carbs.  I love sweet things.  And while I wish I was talented and organized enough to make things like waffles on my own...I tend to leave that to the experts.  I always, without fail, end up  making a gigantic mess in the kitchen when I make pancakes, and waffles are even messier in my opinion.

When I go out for breakfast, the first thing on my mind is "vegan waffles."  Unfortunately for me, I have yet to find an establishment here in Indy that serves them.  On second thought, that's probably fortunate, as I would likely eat there far too often, and that would not be good for my health OR my figure.  ;-)

Van's wheat-and-gluten free waffles topped with healthy Warm Berry Compote.  YUM!

What IS fortunate for me is that I can find these awesome vegan waffles at Kroger.  And wait, what's this!?  They have a GLUTEN FREE option, too!?!?!?!?  OMG, I'm in Heaven.  I have been wanting to try Van's for quite sometime, and I've finally done it.  And let me tell you, I am so glad that I have!

Being conscious of my gluten intake, I grabbed a box of the wheat- and gluten-free "Totally Natural" waffles.  These waffles, by Van's Natural Foods, are just as delicious as their animal-laden (and highly processed) counterparts, so go ahead and "leggo that Eggo", and their nutritional profile is very respectable.  Just put them in your toaster or toaster oven, and they will be crispy in no time, ready for all your waffle-topping desires.  (Want some healthy topping choices?  I have a post for that!)

Candied Coconut Bananas?  Warm Berry Compote?  Vanilla Almond Butter?  Oooh yeah...

In addition to a huge selection of waffles, Van's has a variety of other breakfast products as well, including pancakes, french toast sticks, and muffin tops.  Some are gluten free, some are not.  Just make sure to read labels, as not all of their products are vegan-friendly. 

Summary:  If you like waffles and your city is as clueless as mine, get yourself a box of Van's!  Definitely recommended for your occasional breakfast treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment